BEFORE – Begin Exploring Fertility Options, Risks & Expectations
A decision aid for young breast cancer patients in Canada
Do you wonder if your cancer treatment will affect your fertility?
Use this decision aid to learn more about your fertility options before and after treatment. This information can help you make an informed decision that is right for you.
Who is this for?
Young adults with breast cancer who are interested in learning more about the fertility options in Canada. The information presented may not apply to people outside of Canada or people with other cancers.
Please note: this decision aid is for anyone born with ovaries, regardless of gender identity. If you are gender non-conforming, talk to members of your healthcare team for more personalized advice on fertility.
What does it include?
- information about breast cancer treatments that can affect your fertility
- fertility options available before and after your cancer treatment
- an exercise to help you think about the fertility options that may be best for you
- sample questions to ask your healthcare team
- resources for more information and support
How do I use it?
Read each section of this decision aid. Complete the customized fertility options exercise. Also, we suggest that you:
- share this decision aid with your partner or support persons
- talk with your healthcare team for specific information on your fertility options